Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Bounce

Woah, what a a month April is turning out to be for Electro music! A bunch of new releases have come out so far and even more are slated for the following weeks. I've been listening to nothing but new stuff for the past few weeks and I've not had time to make it through everything I've acquired. Let's start with the best of the best...

MSTRKRFT - Bounce (ft. NORE)

This is by far one of the best releases of the month! At first I skeptical of it's authenticity, two unlikely artists are working together here and it was released on April Fool's Day. I thought it was gonna be some Muzak song or something that they put out as a joke, but it turned out it was the real deal and I couldn't be happier. It's a killer track, expect to hear this on the dance floors for the next few months!

datA - Aerius Light (Breakbot's Rework)

Aerius Light leaked late last year as part of Kitsune's Compilation. It was one of the stand out tracks from that comp and now finally released as a proper single is accompanied by this slowed down more chilled out rework by Breakbot. This is unlike most of Breakbot's other remixes and reworks, I've known him to add more noise and speed to songs he remixes. He can make a banger with little effort, and it always sounds amazing! But this interpretation of Aerius Light is sufficient, I really enjoy listening to it.

Does It Offend You Yeah - We Are Rockstars

The album just leaked, same great song but with better production! This version really sounds more fine tuned and ready for the floor. The instruments are all mastered better and the sound levels compliment each other in a much more organized and logical fashion. They fine tuned this song to perfection!

The Black Ghosts vs. Lindstrom - Something New (Galactic Version)

Now, I'm not one for mash ups, I mean they are totally legit and I can listen to them, but I never go out of my way to hunt one down. I'd rather two songs mashed up live, with an instrumental track and a vocal track, or what have you. But Mash ups can be really good, and this is one of those occasions. This mash up is fuckin epic, there is no other way to describe it. I just missed out on a Black Ghosts performance here in the bay (21 and up:() and probably will be missing out on a Lindstrom set in the near future. Woe is me.

No comments: