Sunday, April 6, 2008

New Ladytron

So about a month ago I dedicated an entire post to Ladytron, they had just announced their new album, Velocifero. Last week they unleashed their lead single from the album entitled Black Cat and it is amazing! I can tell I am going to like this album alot more than Witching Hour. Take a listen to it, if you haven't downloaded it somewhere else already...

Ladytron - Black Cat

How erie is the elongated intro? I love it! The synth and guitar work well together, bouncing off each other until the vocals come in. The entire song is entrenched with that uncertain type of fear one gets on a cold dark night, the type of night you'd expect to encounter a black cat. Now that I've heard this, I just want more.

The Juan MacLean - Happy House

And now for an epic house jam, courtesy of DFA's Juan MacLean. This thirteen minute track sees the inclusion of piano chords, pulsating synths, housey drums and Nancey Whang's cheerful vocals. Seriously, she always sounds so happy when she's singing, listen to Dance With Me or Munk's Kick out the Chairs, always happy! This song is a bouncy tune filled with enough musical variety to keep your interest throughout the entire 13 minutes. I love Juan's longer songs and can't wait to hear the new album and maybe see him live again this year!

Klein and MBO - Dirty Talk (A Touch of Class Re-Edit)

Here's a remix of an Italo Disco heavy weight. I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Italo Disco, it's my dark dirty secret, I'd take a good Italo song over any other type of music any day of the week. I can't say I like this remix as much as the original, but it is done well and gets the job done.

Booka Shade - Planetary (Club Mix)

And finally, the newest release from electronic superstar Booka Shade. Again, I can't say I like this as much as his earlier work. (Mandarin Girl is epic!) But this is something you shouldn't pass up. Check it out for yourself. I actually like the B-Side to this release, City Tales (Neon Dub) alot more, but don't feel the need to post it just yet.

No comments: