Thursday, March 20, 2008

Happy Meal


With only a week until Justice, I feel it's time to post some new tracks from one of the boys of the Ed Banger crew. These will surely get me in the mood for the cross, truly great.

Feadz - Suck It

This track is worthy of praise. This is real gangster electro, I say that because, as with most Feadz songs, gunshots can be heard intertwined with the music. It's a shame iTunes doesn't allow you to preorder the Happy Meal EP, it's definitely worth the money. So head here on a daily basis until they have finally upped the entire EP until you have bought it.

Justice - DVNO (Justice Remix)

Justice remixed their own track and the results were astounding. It's a much rawer and rougher version of the delightfully poppy freshly released single. It reminds me of that new Sebastian track, Motor, that appeared on YouTube last month. I wonder if they are going to include this in their set? I haven't seen Justice before, so I am at a loss when I even begin to try and comprehend what a Justice set includes. I don't want to know, it will ruin the surprise.

You probably already own every Justice song, but in case you don't log onto iTunes and complete what will become an essential collection.

Midfield General - Disco Sirens

Now, I know Klaxons weren't the first band to utilize the very rudimentary disco siren feature equipped on most keyboards. But they were the first band to do so in a while, so it comes without surprise that whenever I hear this song I think of Atlantis To Interzone. I know that's unfair, this song takes the sirens in a totally different direction. A much more electro direction. This is an excellent electro track. However, I do have a remix of this song that is ten times better, maybe I'll post that next time.

If you like that song, be sure and purchase some more of Midfield General's work.

The Teenagers - Love No

I can't believe it's been a year since I first stumbled upon Homecoming. I remember listening to the song and chuckling, thinking that I would never hear anything by The Teenagers again. The song was so cheeky that I couldn't imagine them writing anything else that would garner attention. They would become the blogosphere's first One-Post Wonders. I would have never expected to still be paying attention to this band a year later, I even saw them perform on my 20Th birthday, which was really amazing. Their album just dropped, be sure and pick it up, it's filled with only the smartest of songs. Here's the video for the song, I love all of The Teenager's videos as well, they are all so creative.

Get Reality Check here!

No comments: