Sunday, March 16, 2008

Left Out


Boys Noize just did a show here in San Francisco, and from what I heard it was phenomenal. As with every great show, I was too young to attend. To make up for this great injustice I'll post my favorite releases from Boys Noize Records.

Boys Noize - Optic

Here's a track from a single Boys Noize released coupled with He-Man. A omnipresent metallic baseline gives the track a robotic feeling. A compressed synth outlines the track creating a not so danceable tune, regardless it is extremely good and worth having.

This track is not available on US iTunes, so consider yourselves lucky.

Boys Noize - AndDown (Siriusmo vs Boys Noize Remix)

The Oi Oi oi Remixed album is awesome. What I really enjoy about it is the fact that it is not longer than the original album! I hate when remix albums are double the size of the original LP, due to multiple remixes of single songs. Yes, this is good for the DJs, verity is better, but if this is the case a single featuring these remixes should be released, not an LP. This track packs more punch to andDown, slowing it down yet making it harder. This is by far one of my favorite tracks off the remix album.

Strip Steve - Tommy Boy

Strip Steve was signed to Boys Noize Records to release his Skip School EP. I have featured his work before. I find it much more poppy than other electro being produced right now, which fits perfectly with my taste. I really like the EP and can't wait for more from him. I wonder if he's still going to release his work through Boys Noize Records?

This song has a fantastic French Touch feel, yet manages to sound current and without the late 90's stamp that French Touch sounding music brings with it.

Buy Strip Steve's Skip School EP off iTunes.

Shadow Dancer - Are You Now?

Shadow Dancer is an established electro artist who, from what I can gather, released this single on Boys Noize Records. (Yes, I was totally serious about rubbing Boys Noize in my face with this post) Are You Now is a track featured on the Poke EP, which has a dynamic range of sounds and styles featured on the four song EP. Are You Now has to be the least poppy, I wanted to balance out the pop feel with this post. It has a pounding synth, bass heavy drums and exhilarating breakdowns and build ups.

Be sure and download Shadow Dancer's Poke EP off iTunes.

Crystal Castles - Vanished

And finally, the lone Boys Noize song of the post. I chose this because, 1. Crystal Castles are awesome, 2. Van She are awesome and 3. Alice Glass, the lead singer of Crystal Castles was involved in an accident and their USA tour in support of their LP has now turned into an Ethan Kath DJ set for the time being. Hopefully she recovers quickly and they can re tour, and hopefully play at a non 21 venue!

No comments: