Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Again With the French Touch



Keeping up with my unwritten theme of flooding every post with a slueth of French Touch electronic acts, I present you with We Are Terrorists! A live electronic act from France that insists on dressing as terrorist who rock out with keyboards and guitars. I suspect this really brings out the 'lolz' as the pictures truly are funny. Moving on, they appear to be the French eqivulent of Does It Offend You, Yeah?, only better. They've released a three song EP that consists entirely of short 2-3 minute jams that sound really promising. They have a few more songs on their MySpace, so be sure to give them a listen. (I like their artwork.)





Here's a song I've been listening to alot over the past few weeks. ST's entire album People I Barely Know is addicting which made it very hard to pick out a track to share. This mellow vocal electro-pop tune is probably my favorite from the Sweedish musician. The entire album sounds similar to this song, but in a good way. It is far from repetitive which makes for high replay value.





And Finally, a track from my favorite band, Bloc Party. I doubt I need to write an introduction for this band as they have become quite popular and very polarizing over the past year. NME has given them the title 'The Band That Broke America' althought I'm sure Muse deserves that more as they seem more popular here. They released an album in the beginning of the year and a single at the end, many remixes were released in between the two, this is one of them. This remix is exactly what you'd expect if you were to mix Burial with the Bloc. The already chilling Where Is Home becomes even more spine tingling, as Burial works his or her magic stripping the song down to the bare essentials yet creating a vast atmospheric soundscape. I really enjoy the vocal distortions done on this remix. It is rare that I prefer a remix to the original song, but this remix is too grand to be overlooked. Burial seems to be an unstoppable force in the electronic world!