Saturday, December 15, 2007

The French (and German) Touch


What's up everyone, I know it's been awhile since my last update but I've been busy listening to some great music that I am going to share with you now. This week has been great, I've discovered a few new great albums that I will definitely be listening to for the rest of the year. Next week is going to be even better as I am now done with the semester. That's right no more school until 2008, my only regret is that there are no great concerts. The holidays are always a slow period in the music scene.


Daft Punk - Face To Face (MP4 sorry)


First up is a track off of the greatest live album of the year! Alive 2007 is Daft Punk's audio documentation from their mind blowing tour that was conducted throughout 2007. This was my favorite part of the concert (well, except for the encore) both musically and visually. When I saw them in Berkeley over the summer I was surprised to hear Face to Face, I was excited as it is my 2nd favorite Daft Punk song. (I was hoping for Digital Love, but alas that was not included in the live set) I, as was everyone I talked to after the show, was impressed with their stellar song choices. The way every song was mixed and mashed up was perfect. The entire 1.5 hours is an epic mix of Daft Punk's complete discovery. Alive 2007 is best when heard in one full, continuous session from start to finish, everyone who is a fan of the band should buy it, NOW!


Moonbootica - Listen (Chab Remix)

Next is the Chab remix of Moonbootica's, an electro duo from Hamburg, Listen. The original is a closely wrapped song that does it's job in providing an interesting listening experience, but this remix is more intense. The intensity builds from a pulsating synth line that opens the seven minute track. A chilling piano echoes over the entire track, with vocals that perfectly compliment the erie atmosphere. This song is a chilling dance track that will keep your body moving. Please do yourself a favor and dig deeper into the Moonbootica cataloug, they produce some wonderful electronic music, and their label Moonbootique has some quality artist signed as well.

TEPR - Coke & Cream


Finally, a track from TEPR that isn't the data remix of Minuit Jacuzzi! Yes, that remix is great, data is awesome but TEPR has put out a spectacular album and other tracks need to be heard form it. This song is an assault that will cause even the most tired, fragile and weak person to get up and dance. I like the breakdown and buildup that occurs 2/3's of the way through the song. I always feel completely immersed in the track when I reach that point of the song.

That's all for today!

2 comments:

Ben R. jr said...

Dude i cant beleive you call your little sister "Hyman" she just 4!

Dan said...

cool mike, way to start blogging. i'll be reading this... i still need to get a program to listen to those modeselektor remixes you posted on my blog, still sitting on my desktop :-/

btw could you change the link so it says Hey! Student instead? thanxxxxxxxxxxx!