Monday, December 17, 2007

Third and Final Daft Punk Reference (For Now)


Tonight I'm planning on starting my second attempt at creating a mix. I don't have any decks yet so I am unable to mix in real time but I use software to mix and beat match. I use Adobe Audition to cut, change the tempo and layer tracks, later putting them together to create a mix. In order to do so I must revisit my extensive library and pick songs that would work well together, and for the past hour that's what I've been doing. I came across a few songs I forgot I had and I shall share them, but first here's some Shinichi.



Shinichi Osawa is many things, the head of his own label, former bassist of a rock band (much like the electronic hero's of Daft Punk), producer for a few Japanese pop band's singles, and ultra successful electronic artist. Here are two of my favorite tracks from Shinichi Osawa's latest album, The One. This album is sure to garner him mainstream success in the blogging world as it is on par with every other recent release in the electro world. It's a solid album filled with raw distortion, catchy melodies and pure electronic excellence. Electro411 is a solid banger that is properly named as it flawlessly channels elements from every major electro release of the year. Detonator is a fun vocal electro tune that relentlessly brings the dance. Both tracks will sound great on the dance floor, expect to hear more Shinichi Osawa in the New Year.


One track I forgot I had was the MSTRKRFT remix of Dudun Dun by Para One. This track, which includes a strangely addictive use of whistles, slowly builds up to a very intense climax, I've used this song in my previous attempt to create a mix and plan on using it again. Attempting to beat match the first half of the song is insanely fun!

Finally, closing with a track from Hendrik Weber's current project Pantha du Prince. This is a track off of The Bliss, his latest album which led to a 2007 tour that was just completed. There are no future plans to tour, but you can still enjoy this great minimal techno artist at home. This track, complete with calming effects, would play best as a backdrop while awaking during the early morning hours. It's a nice listen and the rest of the album sounds just as great! More from this musician later!

1 comment:

Dan said...

i like that last track, keep the german stuff coming