Friday, December 7, 2007

Inaugural Post



Hello everyone, this is going to serve as my personal blog where I will post videos, songs and anything else that I find interesting in my life. My name is Mike and I like electronic music and Rock. I can enjoy some Hip-Hop and Pop but generally do not venture too far out into these realms of music. I go to school and find that music plays an important role in my life, it keeps me sane through finals and what not, so I want to share what I enjoy.

Here are some of the basics:

  • I've seen Daft Punk twice! (In July 2007 and again in October)
  • I'm a fan of all forms of electronic music, with the exception of jungle
  • I use to have a very basic DJ setup, but sold it for front row tickets to see The Cure
  • I am planning on buying some Technics in the near future, as I would like to return to DJing
  • I'm a very big Bloc Party fan

And now, let's begin with some music:

Burial - Untrue

Here is the title track off of the latest Burial LP, Untrue. I've, as well as everyone else in the world, have been digging this album for the past month. And what's not to love about it? Erie beats overlaid with shadowy samples create one of the most atmospheric records of the year. The Burial LP was good, at times boring, but overall a quality release, untrue takes this formula and goes even further. This defiantly is a strong contender for record of the year. In the title track a sample which sounds a bit like Dave Gahan rips across an expected 2-Step beat. The entire track remains riveting, which is great because it clocks in at over six minutes.

Nick Muir - G Platz (Nick Muir Reprise)

Nick Muir's G Platz Reprise is a pulsating banger that can cause even the most grounded person's head to spin. The track itself never gets quite heavy, but the synth work does get tricky. Defiantly a must listen for anyone who is is interested in the electronic scene today sound.

That's all for today, I'm wanting to share Alive 2007 as it's all I've been listening to for the past week, next time!

1 comment:

Ben R. jr said...

Well, Chocolate Chips is playing at my house, my house
You've got to set them up kid, set them up
You've got to set 'em up ooh ooh yeah