Friday, January 4, 2008

2008

Happy New Year everyone, 2008 is finally here and I am defiantly looking forward to some new music this year. Here are a few albums to be hyped for in 08:

M83 has a new album coming out, and there is no way it will be anything less than awesome.

The Presets are at work on a follow up, My People, the new single was just unleashed
throughout the Internet. It sounds great and I now am more excited for their next LP.
London based, Does It Offend You, Yeah? are going to release their debut album this spring.
This is one of my most anticipated albums so far, I love all of their songs. They do a great job mixing both rock and electronic elements with their songs and I'm sure no track on the album will be considered filler. Now if they would only tour the US.


The Teenagers, a band from both Paris and London, will be releasing their debut LP in 2008 as well. I've heard all of their demos which will be featured on the album and though stripped down and minimally produced sound full.

There are plenty other bands coming out with records in 2008 that I am definitely looking forward to. Cut Copy, Sebastian, The Cure, Morrissey, Hot Chip (although you've probably already heard that) and a whole list of others. Dancing definitely will not cease in 2008!

Now onto some music already out there, on the Internet at least, for your years to listen to. First up is an unreleased single from DFA's newest act Hercules and Love Affair. This is a disco tune featuring Antony, of Antony and the Johnsons fame, that will surely cause you to get up and dance. It sounds like a 70's disco tune with modern production. James Murphy's DFA label never fails to deliver some great dance music, they truly are a label you can trust.


Okay, if you've been dancing to every tune I've posted here you are probably in dire need of a break. Your legs are probably tired, your heart rate is unusually high and you need to find some coke...too drink. (What's wrong with Coca Cola?) Lightspeed Champion is perfect music for the morning after a night of partying. Listen to this and your hang over will be that much easier. Disclaimer: While it is the solo project of Dev from Test Icicles, it is a completely different genre of music. It is just as amazing as Test Icicles were, but totally different. You have been notified.


Finally, catchy pop music from a Sweedish duo known as Lo-Fi-Fnk. I've just discovered them and find their album the perfect mix of pop, new wave and rock. This is their lead single from their campy album called Boylife, which was released on Moshi Moshi in 2006. I don't know the status of the group, if they are working on a new album or not. But they are playing a few shows, keep your eyes open for them.


That's all for now, however I am planning on posting my best of 2007 lists next time. I know I'm late but I've been busy and only now have the time to post them. See ya then.

No comments: