Monday, January 21, 2008

Stop The Rain!!!


It's raining today which has totally ruined my plans. I was going to go for a long run and then come back and do some homework. I would follow through with the run if it wasn't raining so hard. Well I can't do that so instead I'll post some songs I've been listening to over the past week.


First up is a 2007 release from DFA's sub label, Death From Abroad. This is a vocal-less piano guided track that keeps things relaxed, mellow and consist ant. DFA has been putting out some great electronic tracks in 2007 and I'm confident that they shall continue to do so in 2007!
This is another DFA release with a slightly different vibe. Here's more of neo-disco electronic music from New York's finest, Hercules and Love Affair. If you're a fan of Blind you'll like this song for sure, but be advised it is a bit more laid back. I think the theme I'm going for with today's post is a laid back and chilled feeling. I guess it matches the dreariness of the outdoors with all the rain and clouds I see when I look out of my window.
Here's another slow builder which once again matches the atmosphere in today's skies. I like the original more, but this remix does it justice. It starts of slow and quiet but builds to a pulsating finale that the original does not have. That is it's only strength over the original. Now onto my homework.

1 comment:

Matthew Andrew Drake said...

hercules is boring.

www.rukes.com/SA/c08.jpg

thats even more boring, seen it all before except Kraftwerk.