Sunday, January 27, 2008

Shitty Rip, Oh well!

So I saw The Teenagers a few nights ago and all I can say about their performance was that it was not as bad as others make it out to be, but it did let me down. I guess I felt that it was lacking in certain spots and could have been better. Let's hope that they improve with time.

Cut Copy - Lights And Music

Here is the new cut copy song. I like it a lot more than So Haunted, but not quite as much as Hearts on Fire. Cut Cupy have a very distinct sound that sounds all too familiar. It sounds a lot like 90's pop based off of 80's new wave. They may not be creating the most innovative music but they are fuckin awesome! This rip is low quality, I promise I'll post a higher quality as soon as I can. In the meantime we're forced to wait for In Ghost Colours, which is sure to be a great album due to the involvement DFA's Tim Goldsworthy.

Dondolo - Dondolisme

Here's a song from French electro-pop act Dondolo. The album is quite an undiscovered gem and has diversity between each of the songs. The vocals strangely sound like The Teenagers doing italio-disco, in part because of the thick accented deep voice speaking lyrics in the same manner that The Teenagers song are executed. However, Dondolo sounds nothing like The Teenagers and this may be a good thing for many of you. Download this and prepare to be surprised at how hype-worthy Dondolo is. Oh yeah, it's entirely in French.

Lo-Fi-Fnk - The End

I'm still in love with this album, it consists of all the ingredients necessary when creating the perfect pop album. Catchy hooks, cute lyrics and musings filled with optimism and frivolous fun. Want proof? Here, Watch this...




How adorable is that? They look my age and confused, as if they are trying their hardest to make a music video. Defiantly gotta see them on tour when they come here.

No comments: