Friday, February 8, 2008

Velocifero


Today wasn't that great, I just got a new phone which totally sucks because I can't figure out how to use it, I waited at a BART station for over an hour and now I'm pretty tired but have a concert to go to. At least I have something to cheer me up on this dismal day. Ladytron have just announced that June will see the release of their fourth LP entitled, Velocifero!

Witching Hour wasn't as great as I had hoped it would be, don't get me wrong I enjoyed it but when compared to the first two Ladytron albums it feels quite rushed. However, after reading this list of people involved with LP number four my expectations are now high. Just take a look at this, "he new record was produced by Ladytron with additional production by Alessandro Cortini (Modwheelmood, NIN), and Vicarious Bliss of Ed Banger Records (Justice, etc), and mixing courtesy of Michael Patterson (Beck, P. Diddy)." If that doesn't get you excited, well then I don't know what can! This album cannot be a disappointment, the mere involvement of these people won't allow for it.


Ladytron will be hitting up the entire USA, check out the tour dates here!

In honor of this development I shall now share with you some Ladytron.


This is by far my favorite Ladytron track. I remember buying 604 in 2004 at Amoeba records while on a field trip for my Sophomore English class in high school. My friend had no clue who they were and till this day does not. I guess he's just not into electro-pop. I remember picking this album because the band's name reminded me of the Roxy Music song. My thought process was something along the lines of, Ladytron is a Roxy Music song which is from the 80's and everything from the 80's was great, well with the exception of hair metal, but this can't be hair metal because they all have uniformly short haircuts and sleek black jumpsuits. I checked the date the album was published, 2001, and concluded that this must be some sort of band that draws from all that was good in the 80's, and sure enough I was correct.




One of the good songs from Witching Hour. Hopefully the new album isn't as lackluster.


Vicarious Bliss - Theme From Vicarious Bliss (Justice Remix)

And here's a song from Vicarious Bliss, who apparently did the mixing on Velocifero. The original is ace but the remix by Justice is even better. But doesn’t sound cast this music just yet; this isn't your typical Justice remix. They bring something new to the table with this remix. Defiantly check this song out!

No comments: