Sunday, February 24, 2008

How Many Days Until Justice?

Justice have embarked on something epic, something corporate and something great, the MySpace Music Tour featuring Justice, Diplo, Fancy, Busy P, and Chromeo. It's coming to the bay area, I've got my ticket and I can't wait! I was unable to attend their last show here (I HATE YOU MEZZANINE!!!) and have been iterated ever since. I'm psyched, pumped, jazzed, whatever adjective you wish you use is fine, I just want Justice.

Justice - Phantom Part III (Boys Noize Vs. Fraulein Edit)

Here's one of the best Justice remixes ever! It sounds like something from Daft Punk's Alive 2008. It is a pounding edit that has the intensity of a live set. When I listen to this I get restless to hear something of this caliber live. Boys Noize has had a stellar 2007 and with remixes like we can all understand why. How great is this tune?

Chromeo - Fancy Footwork (Surkin Rogue Teens Remix)

I usually hate sirens in music, I find them loud and annoying. I mean, it's not like if I'm out dancing and I hear a siren I'm going to throw a fit but at home I tend to stray away from songs that rely on them. Surprisingly this song, that features a distorted siren for the entire song (even relies solely on it for melody for the first few minutes), is not annoying to me. I don't know what it is, I guess the distortion applied to it, or how subtle it is, it just lacks the annoying qualities other siren songs possess. The synth's don't even appear until the last third of the song. Amazingly it manages to remain interesting. Too bad Chromeo isn't scheduled for the San Francisco date, I've been wanting to see them for quite awhile now.

Kylie Minogue - Wow (CSS Remix)

Wow, what can I say about this song? Kylie's X is a great pop album! Tons of fun and it feature's tracks produced by Irish electro-pop superstar Calvin Harris. I know there is a substantial amount of hate out there on the net for him, but if you take his work light heartily, it is a lot of fun. It's nothing new, and I don't think (no matter how ironic his lyrics may be) he intends it to be taken as such. Well, that's another debate for another post but I guess the point I'm trying to make is that I was able to tell which tracks he produced even before ever reading that he was in voled in production. This CSS remix adds more punch to the pop and makes it even dancier and a lot more fun.

Cut Copy - Lights and Music (Boys Noize Happy Birthday Remix)

As promised, here are some Cut Copy remixes, this should complete the entire Lights and Music single. Starting things off is an excellent Boys Noize remix of the song. This is how a textbook electronic remix should be conducted. Longer buildup, more epic and a lot jazzy. Almost as good as the original.

Cut Copy - Light and Music (Superdiscount Remix)

Blah, too much siren. DO NOT WANT!

1 comment:

Matthew Andrew Drake said...

too bad we don't get busy p though