Sunday, February 17, 2008

Bangalter is the Master


To my surprise I awoke with an mp3 in my e-mail inbox. My friend supposedly had sent me a brand new Thomas Bangalter track. I listened to it and instantly fell in love. It sounds like Discovery era Daft Punk, and one can never go wrong with pure pop perfection such as that. I did hold some apprehension towards the track, my doubts were imminent. Why would Thomas Bangalter release a track? When would he have the time, between the Alive 2007 tour, releasing the live cd and rehearsing for the Grammys? (Note: Did you guys see that, that was neat!) I guess when you're in love with music and possess the talent that Bangalter has, you'll always be producing tracks.




I did some research and it turns out the rest of the nets are just as mystified by this track as well. Apparently someone under the handle TB and the website of daftalive.com post a zshare link on the electronic music blog Headphone Sex. Since its open posting, it virtually could have been any amateur producer looking to hype up his or her music. But it's really really good! It has to be Bangalter and even if it isn't I wish to know what the TB stands for becuase I'd definatly want to hear more music from this artist.

Roule is back in 08!!!
UPDATE: So it's not reallly Bangalter. It's this guy. Stilllll, very good.



Here's an electro jam similar in sound to the Bangalter track that I just posted. I am hooked on this song and have been looking for more Strip Steve since I acquired this track a few days ago. The last 30 seconds see the execution of a perfect outro for a dance floor banger. This will be big.




Let’s not forget another great track consummated through love. Simian Mobile Disco's Attack Decay Sustain Release LP still has me dancing every time I listen to it. This track falls in order with everything posted here today, so why not draw attention to this excellent track once more.

That's all for today, enjoy that Bangalter track. Hopefully 2008 will bring many more.

1 comment:

Ben R. jr said...

Tell me what you want...Tell me what you want... Yea yea