Friday, February 15, 2008

Some Stuff I'm Feeling



Ladyhawke apparently are from England, Australia and New Zealand. Whatever. She makes good music that totally sounds like it’s from the 80s. It has that 80s teen movie feel, that sense of entitlement and arrogance. This song utilizes the vocal technique of 'Na, Na, and Na’s’ to lead into a pounding chorus. I just wish the production was a little fuller. I suppose when she gets signed it'll improve until then I'll make do with this.

Hot Chip just put out another great album. To ALLLLLL the haters (MATT, DAN) I feel the urge to offer some advice. Lock yourselves in a padded white room and listen to the album on repeat for 3 days straight. By the end of this experiment you will begin to literally bounce off all of the walls. The album is crazy, it's powerful, and it’s hot. You won’t be able to keep from moving while listening to it. This is a great cut from the album. At first I found the synthy breakdown towards the end annoying but now that sequence refuses to leave my mind.

Here's a chilling remix from Minimal Techno superstars Ellen Allien and Apparat. They defiantly do create some great music; I can see why they chose to work with each other so often. This song clocks in at 5 minutes and is exactly what you'd expect from a remix entitled XTC of a textbook minimal techno track. This song possesses the effect to calm one down after a rave or night at the club.

No comments: