Friday, February 22, 2008

Quick Update

Just a quick update before I head off to school and finish up the week. First up is an update I promised awhile back. Here's the higher quality version Cut Copy's single Lights and Music. It's entirely too good and I haven't stopped listening to it since I've had it.

Cut Copy - Lights and Music
Updated Higher Quality Version

Bitchee Bitchee Ya Ya Ya - Fuck Freind (CSS Remix)

Here's another great synth filled song I've been listening to for the past few months. The Kitsune comp leaked back in December but I haven't posted many songs from it. It's a great compilation for sure, featuring, until now, exclusive cuts from an wide array of artists. This comp and the previous one before it have been so compelling I've been driven to find all their previous comps. Although dated now, they still provide a decent mix of songs you may have never heard before.

The Kills - Hook and Line

I'm posting this because I saw them last Thursday on Valentine's Day. What better way to spend the day of love than to watch a band that reeks of sex appeal? It was a solid performance, both members sounded great doing their respective tasks. I liked being up close with The Kills my only lament is the mystique of the first show I witnessed of them is gone. I first saw them a few years ago with Bloc Party at the Warfield. The ominous stage overshadowed the lone two members and as steam began to engulf both members I felt a sense of awe. I was excited and entranced, their performance was, simply put, captivating. This one was good too.

That's all for now, I'll post some Cut Copy remixes next time. For now I'll leave you with this, a
Nylon interview with The Kills where Alison almost refers to The Killers, lolz.

No comments: